Quality Assurance Unit
The Quality Assurance Unit at the College of Computers and Information was established in 2006 and the unit was approved as an administrative entity that specializes in following up and evaluating performance within the college according to the Resolution of the College of Computers and Information Council No. (120) dated 14/8/2006
The Quality Assurance Unit’s vision:
Developing the basic mechanisms of internal quality assurance systems to achieve continuous development of performance.
Quality Assurance Unit’s message:
The Quality Assurance Unit seeks to achieve comprehensive quality and continuous development of the college’s performance.
Contact the unit
Faculty of Computers and Information – Helwan University – Ground floor – Quality Assurance Unit
Dr. Milad Abu Al-Khair Bechara
the Quality Assurance Unit
The rapid progress in our world has imposed on us huge challenges in all fields, especially the field of education. Traditional education is no longer the one currently hoped for, but quality concepts have emerged, linked first to industry, then covered all areas of life, especially the field of education. Not only is the amount of knowledge only the criterion by which the graduate is measured, but also the means of teaching, learning and self-learning, and the ability to self-development, competition, cooperation and continuous improvement, and this is what overall quality processes aspire to.
The Quality Assurance Unit in the College of Computing and Information was started by evacuated professors in which they made great efforts to apply for accreditation, and to complete this process, the college advanced, thank God for accreditation in January 2015, and we await the visit from the National Authority for Education Quality and Accreditation in the current May 2015, and the college as it continues Working day and night in order to achieve that dream, it is our hope that our work will culminate in obtaining academic accreditation and that we will truly become an accredited college and that our graduate will become a “certified graduate”.
We pray to God that our work be crowned with success, that it is the blessings of the Lord and the Supporter
Quality Assurance Unit Director
Dr. Dr. Milad Abu Al-Khair Bechara
College Vision, Mission and Objectives 2019-2020
The college works on preparing an outstanding graduate who is able to compete in the local and regional job market in the fields of computers and information, while contributing to serving the local community and enriching scientific research.
See the college:
The Faculty of Computers and Information at Helwan University seeks scientific, practical and research excellence in the field of computers and information locally and regionally.
1. Preparing a distinguished graduate in the fields of computers and information capable of competing in the local and regional labor markets.
2. Continuous development of educational programs and educational systems in line with the requirements of preparing a distinguished competitive graduate.
3. Training students on teamwork, scientific research and innovative work.
4. Supporting continuous learning and e-learning
5. Working towards the college obtaining academic accreditation by the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education.
6. Achieving scientific excellence through scientific and applied studies and research in the fields of specialization.
7. Organizing local, regional and international conferences and publishing a scientific journal in the fields of information technology
8. Encouraging publication in magazines and periodicals of international reputation.
9. Create a positive scientific environment attractive to distinguished scientists from national competencies to participate in theses, research and joint projects.
10. Raise the level of awareness of everyone towards the importance of distinguished scientific research and encourage distinguished scientific research in the college.
11. Developing faculty members and their assistants by increasing their numbers in line with international requirements for quality, training them in the latest educational methods and developing their research and administrative skills
12. Developing the organizational structure of the college, developing its administrative systems, and training administrative cadres who are able to lead and take responsibility
13- Serving the government sector, public business sector and civil society by organizing consultations and technical assistance for them and training human cadres able to meet the needs of these sectors in the areas of information technology.
1. Ethical and professional commitment
2. Preserving intellectual property rights and the rights of others
3. Credibility and transparency
4. Equal opportunities, justice and equality
5. Liability and accountability
6. Quality, excellence and continuous development.
Final goals and objectives of the College’s strategic and policy:
The ultimate goals of the college:
1. Qualification of a distinguished graduate who meets the needs of the local and regional labor market and is capable of creativity and innovation
2. Providing opportunities and areas for training and continuous learning
3. To produce high-quality applied scientific research and form scientific schools in some areas of specialization
4. Providing mechanisms for continuous updating and development
5. Activating the faculty’s interactivity with society and the environment
6. Providing an effective administrative apparatus and working relationships to be based on ethics, values and professionalism.
7. That all college programs obtain academic accreditation
8. The availability of a distinguished faculty member while developing the capabilities and skills of faculty members and their assistants
9. Rehabilitation of youth to obtain suitable job opportunities in the labor market
College strategic goals:
1- The first strategic goal: Preparing the college to apply for accreditation and improving the educational and informational environment of the college.
2- The second strategic goal: developing self-learning.
3- The third strategic objective: to improve scientific and educational quality.
4- Fourth Strategic Objective: Supporting postgraduate studies and scientific research.
5- Fifth Strategic Goal: Developing the capabilities of faculty members.
6- Strategic Goal Six: Community Service and Environmental Development.
7- Strategic Goal Seven: Increase the college’s financial resources.
8- The eighth strategic goal: to develop the administrative system in the college.
1. Qualification and training of college students on new technologies in the field.
2. Activating cooperation between the college and the corresponding colleges in the field of education and scientific research.
3. Activating scientific, cultural, creative and social meetings in the college and between college students, professors, college administration and students of other colleges.
4. Working to improve and develop the educational environment of stands, laboratories, classrooms and the library
5. Connecting the wireless internet service to all parts of the college.
6. Mechanization of administrative work in the college.
7. Preserving intellectual property rights
8. Urging faculty members to qualify college students to read the original references and not to use lieutenants, notes, or summaries
9. Combating private lessons
10. Spreading a culture of self-learning.
11. Caring for students’ complaints and working to solve them.
12- Providing financial support for students who are unable and academic support for troubled students
13. Attention to distinguished students
14. Communication with graduates
15. Working on finding various new sources to finance scientific research.
16. Activating the role that scientific research plays in developing society by encouraging researchers and urging them to pay attention to applied research, not theory.
17. Provide financial support to researchers in order to discourage them from publishing their research in international journals and periodicals.
18. Establishing research and specialized laboratories. And provide it with the latest advanced devices.
19- Strengthening relationships with the business sector in the field of scientific research and professional advice
20. Supporting units of a special nature and working to develop them and diversify the training courses they provide to serve the community and the environment.
21. Providing technical expertise in the field of computers and information, both at the university level and outside.
22. Work to establish accredited training centers from major international companies in the field of information technology
-Standards for the General Division
|Leadership and governance|
|Quality management and development|
|Faculty and Associate Staff|
|The administrative apparatus|
|Financial and material resources|
|Academic standards and educational programs|
|Teaching and learning|
|Students and alumni|
|Scientific research and scientific activities|
|Community participation and environmental development|
Standards for software engineering program
|Mission and goals of the program|
|Program leadership and management|
|Financial resources and supportive financial facilities|
|Academic standards for the program|
|Faculty and Associate Staff|
|Teaching and learning|
|Learning Outcomes Assessment|
|Promotion and development plan|
|Program indicators of success|